I'm Oscar Rangel, I have been exposed to classical music since I can remember and I have 15 years of formal musical training.
My specialty is classically influenced metal, which can in turn translate into contemporary adult music, world music, rock, and musical theatre. I favour darker themes, textures and colours but I can (and have) compose bright, and happy pieces as well.
My experience goes from live performances in concert halls, theatres, open air festivals (in front of 60000+ people), video shootings, studio and live recordings, over 7 years of music instruction and over 10 years of formal musical composition with both harmony and counterpoint.
My current artistic and professional activities are:
- Guitar/Bass player for the Mexican metal band Obey the Moon.
- Composer/Guitarist for the Canadian metal band Operus.
- Music composer for the Finland based video game company Taiga Studios.
- Bassist for the American metal band Mortifex.
- Solo studio project named "Oscar Rangel's Avantgarde".
Some of the past activities worth noting:
- Live bassist for Canadian Metal band Annihilator.
Please, do not hesitate in contacting me with any questions you may have.
Cheers, and horns up!
Send me an email through 'Contact' button above and I'll get back to you asap.
- Luthier Classical Guitar
- 6 String Bass Guitar
- EMG pickups
- Yamaha Electro-Classical.
Terms of Service
- Three revisions per piece unless otherwise stated prior to the beginning of my work.
- One to two weeks turn-around time maximum.
Reviews of Oscar Rangel
Oscar has been fantastic to work with, he took all of my ideas and added his own twist to everything in the coolest way. I was hoping for something original and that's exactly what I got. An awesome track. Highly recommended.
Oscar is, quite frankly, a genius! He knew exactly what I wanted to do on the song, and not only did he deliver, but he put his own spin on it that took it to a whole new level. I'd most certainly work with him again and again!!
Oscar is an amazingly talented guitar player. He is extremely easy to work with, good communication, quick responses, and produced some great bass guitar work for our project. His professionalism, raw skills, and great sound helped to elevate our music exactly where it needs to be. I look forward to working with him on many projects in the future.