I am Alex Figueira, a professional drummer / producer / engineer based in Amsterdam.
If you're looking for a real quality, professional vintage sound for your musical project at the most competitive rates, you arrived to the perfect place.
Being an avid record collector, i've spent my whole adult life - and most of my teenage years - searching for magic recordings that are somehow special. That tireless drive led me to become a producer and build my own studio so I could create music that retains the same uniqueness that I kept finding in classic records that still sound fresh and relevant after decades.
Through several years of experimentation I have developed a particular approach that combines the warmth and punchiness of analog equipment with the flexibility and convenience of digital technology, without dogmas, focusing entirely on the result.
I embrace every project with a fresh perspective and try to enhance the best aspects in it. I work with meticulous attention to detail in all stages of the process, always aiming for a timeless result. I'm fully committed to providing my clients with the best organic vintage sound.
My work has collected great reviews in independent music platforms such as The Wire or Les Inrockuptibles.
I specialize in Jazz, Funk, Soul, Rhythm and Blues, Psych, Garage, Surf, Latin, Reggae and World.
- Recording (Tape or Digital)
- Session Drums or Percussion (very wide range of instruments)
- Tape transfer (1/2 inch 8 tracks or 1/4 inch 2 track)
- Vinyl transfer.
Tell me about your project and how I can help, through the 'Contact' button above.
- Studer 169 Mixing Desk
- Ampex 350 Pre Amps
- Tascam 58 tape recorder (8 channels)
- Revox 2 track tape recorder
- Fisher Space Expander Reverb
- Dynacord VRS 23 Analogue Delay.
Terms of Service
- We'll agree in the best approach according to your demands
- A first version will be delivered and based on your feedback, all necessary adjustments will be made.
- Good communication is key.