Owner and award winning mixer and producer Anthony "Twon" Ridenhour of The Cabana Recording Studios is a full service audio specialist featuring state-of-the-art analog and digital audio. With his studio designed to deliver superior audio quality, services include live tracking, mixing, post-production, mastering, and song writing/arrangement.
The Cabana was built in 2011 as a private studio by Twon Ridenhour so his fellow musicians would have a comfortable space to create music any time or day of the week. After countless hours of recording jam sessions and cutting a few demos, Twon generated a buzz in the music community and was asked to produce a couple of full-length albums for some prominent San Diego bands. So, a small audio team was assembled and the Cabana opened the doors to the public.
The Cabana's first project was for “The Secret Seven” where Twon produced, engineered, tracked and mixed their critically acclaimed release, “Turn Your Back to the Sea.” The Cabana was then put on retainer by Aural Gravy Record’s to exclusively produce and record their roster of budding artists.
The first in from AGR was “The Very,” who’s self titled album launched the band into becoming a serious contender in the local scene. Both records were nominated for their production value and received recognition by the San Diego Music Awards.
Recently the Cabana enlisted long time friend and Universal Recording Artist Mike Kociela to assist in taking the studio to the next level.
Send me a note through the contact button above.
My credits include
- My Blue Life- Drummer
- Leos Invention-Drummer Mixer Producer
- Vocoder-Drummer Mixer Producer
- The Secret Seven "Turn Your Back to the Sea" Drummer Mixer
- The Secret Seven "How to Imitate Thunder" Mixer Producer
- The Very " Self Titled"- Mixer
- Kelsea Little-Mixer Producer
- Kelsea Little "Personal Myth" Mixer Producer
- The Fairfield Fats Band "Straight Outa Clairmont" Mix Produce
- Kelly Fitzgerald "Different Kind of Country" Mix
- The Fairfield Fats Band "Sky Riders"- Mix Produce
- Sunday Hustle "Self Titled" Mix Produce
- Mia Valentine- Mix Produce
- Brodeeva- Producer
- Lisa Olson "LIV" Drummer Mixer Producer
- Hector Penalosa/The Zeros Mix
- Steve Bequette Mixer Producer
- The Cold Hearted Strangers Mix
- Triple Deez Record Mix
- Taking Nasa "self tilted ep" Mixer Producer
- The San Diego Civic Youth Ballet- Record Mix Edit
- Neotek Series 1/1E-John Musgrave Modified Console
- BAE 1023
- BAE 1073
- Universal Audio LA-610
- Universal Audio 1176
- DBX 160x
- DBX 160A
- Emperical Labs EL-8 Distressor (2)
- Protools 12
- Apogee Symphony Converters
Terms of Service
50% required on start 50% on completion. Includes 4 revisions (if needed). Additional costs may apply for hired musicians (client's choice).
Reviews of Twon Ridenhour
I've worked with Twon on 5 projects ranging from rock to hip hop to songwriters and what I liked best at about working at the Cabana studio is the family vibe, and that I never feel rushed when I'm tracking parts. Twon has a good ear for adding that shine to the final product and undoubtedly Cabana Studios will be my 1st choice on the 6th project.
Twon is the best. I have recorded 2 full length albums with him at the helm and both albums sound incredible. People are always shocked when I tell them that they weren't recorded in some big fancy million dollar studio - and that was BEFORE he got his new board! Can't wait to get back in there and take the new gear for a spin.