We work with people to create positive community impact: • Using music to enable social activities for inclusion to combat isolation; • Through referrals, we compliment other support that people receive with their emotional and mental wellbeing; • Our industry partnerships provide learning, employment and professional practice development.
Seed was established as a community group in 2008 to satisfy the need for more artistic and community driven support for local people. Maintained through committed volunteers and yearly projects we registered as a charity in 2017 with an intention to grow the group and create a more defined and mature community offer.
Our ongoing music activities which include:
• individual use of the free music resources;
• peer to peer support for emotional, social and musical skills development;
• group workshops including drum / guitar groups, or the multi-instrument ‘Sound Explorers’;
• arts projects with professional artists collaborating to create an event or recording;
• performance opportunities including community open mic nights and larger concerts.
Our work is primarily delivered by a core group of 26 volunteers, many of whom have been beneficiaries of the organisation themselves.
Activities involve a range of people from different ethnic and religious groups, some with challenges including learning disabilities and autism, and varying levels of wellbeing and mental health. They bring a range of music skills meaning they have many styles and individual approaches to expressing themselves through music
We help them identify and realise their goals for better social connections, wellbeing and/or professional skills.
Send me an email through 'Contact' button above and I'll get back to you asap.