We are one of Nashville's premier recording studios located just minutes from downtown. Our studio team has credits on over 25 Billboard Top 10 charting songs/records (Foreigner, ZAYN, Home Free, Straight No Chaser). We offer services for all things music production, whatever your needs may be.
1. STRINGS: Donnie Reis composes works individually, per project and plays the stringed instruments live in the studio. Credits include ZAYN, Foreigner, Larry, Stewart, Amy Lee, and various TV episodes and films.
2. STUDIO: The Nashville studio offers sound recording services for instrumental sessions, scratch demos to full production recordings, and more, featuring our API-1608 Analog Console. Furthermore, if you've recorded on a system less than optimal for what you're needing, or just want to add some stellar, analog, Class A warmth, send us your tracks, and we can run them through our API 1608 as well as any of our outboard compressors or eq's.
3. MIXING: The studio control room was specifically designed by a sound engineer to provide for ultimate control and tuning for mixing records.
4. TOP LINE WRITING: Donnie has written hit songs for various artists including Home Free, Straight No Chaser, Emma Zander, Caroline Glaser, and more.
Click the 'Contact' above to get in touch. Looking forward to hearing from you.
- Emma Zander
- Larry Stewart
- Home Free
- Amy Lee
- Grace Vanderwaal
- Erick Baker
- Caroline Glaser
- Tye Tribbett
- Various Songwriters
- Arlo McKinley
- Hannah Wright
- War Story
- The Passage
- The Frontmen of Country
- Elizabeth Chan
- Charleston Songwriters Festival
- Straight No Chaser
- Byron Cage
- Jonathan Jackson solo projects (TV Show Nashville) + Enation
- Leona Berlin
- Union Road Band
- Zayn Malik
- The Food Network (Canada)
- The History Channel
- Edwin McCain
- Jonathan Jackson
- Home Free - Songwriter
- Henry Conlon
- Mac Greer
- Arlo McKinley and the Lonesome Sound
- Tyler Jay
Interview with Twelve 3 South Recording
Q: Is there anyone on SoundBetter you know and would recommend to your clients?
A: Arlis Albritton -- we've written several hit songs together
Q: What was your career path? How long have you been doing this?
A: I've been composing, arranging, playing, and recording professionally for 25 years.
Q: What type of music do you usually work on?
A: Pop, rock, country.
Q: What's your strongest skill?
A: The ability to hear all the parts necessary to bring a song to life and produce it into reality, whether just strings or the full song.
Q: What do you bring to a song?
A: Lyrics, melodies, and the arrangements that take a song from an idea to a hit.
Q: What's your typical work process?
A: I like to work through ideas on my piano in the studio with the artist and/or other songwriters. We work out arrangements and finalize lyrics and melodies. Then we start adding all the parts/instrumentations with my team to turn it into a full production. Mixing and editing is done in house. Songs are then sent off for mastering.
Q: Tell us about your studio setup.
A: The studio consists of a state-of-the-art tracking room, two isolation booths, and a control room for mixing and editing, all designed for impeccable sound quality by sound engineer, Josh Rowe, and producer/writer/artist, Donnie Reis. Located just minutes from downtown Nashville, TN.
Q: Describe the most common type of work you do for your clients.
A: Songwriting, arranging, recording, production, string arrangements, mixing, and editing.