My name is Derek Parnell, and I am a professional audio engineer based out of Nashville, Tennessee.
I am a freelance audio engineer/guitarist with over 10 years experience in the music business. I obtained my bachelor's degree in Recording Industry Management with a concentration in Audio Production & Technology from Middle Tennessee State University.
I have had the opportunity to work in several recording studios in Nashville, TN, including Sound Emporium Studios, where I was a staff engineer for two years. While at Sound Emporium Studios, I was able to hone my craft as a tracking and mixing engineer, as well as learn how a professional recording studio operates and thrives in today's market. Those experiences allowed me the opportunity to work on various styles of music including country, rock, classical, pop, and hip-hop.
I would love to record and mix your next record! Send me an email and let's make some great music together!
Send me an email through 'Contact' button above and I'll get back to you asap.
My credits include
- Eric Clapton - "The Breeze - An Appreciation Of JJ Cale"
- Willie Nelson - "To All The Girls"
- Willie Nelson - "Band Of Brothers"
- Kenny Chesney - "Life On A Rock"
- Kenny Chesney - "The Big Revival"
- Garth Brooks - "Man Against Machine"
- Beck - "Song Reader"
- The Robertsons (Duck Dynasty) - "Duck the Halls: A Robertson Family Christmas"
- Rhonda Vincent - "Only Me"
- Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out - "Bluegrassed"
- The Big E - "A Salute To Steel Guitarist Buddy Emmons"
- Pro Tools 10 & 11
- Slate Digital