My name is Derek Parnell, and I am a professional audio engineer based out of Nashville, Tennessee.
I am a freelance audio engineer/guitarist with over 10 years experience in the music business. I obtained my bachelor's degree in Recording Industry Management with a concentration in Audio Production & Technology from Middle Tennessee State University.
I have had the opportunity to work in several recording studios in Nashville, TN, including Sound Emporium Studios, where I was a staff engineer for two years. While at Sound Emporium Studios, I was able to hone my craft as a tracking and mixing engineer, as well as learn how a professional recording studio operates and thrives in today's market. Those experiences allowed me the opportunity to work on various styles of music including country, rock, classical, pop, and hip-hop.
I would love to record and mix your next record! Send me an email and let's make some great music together!
Send me a note through the contact button above.
My credits include
- Eric Clapton - "The Breeze - An Appreciation Of JJ Cale"
- Willie Nelson - "To All The Girls"
- Willie Nelson - "Band Of Brothers"
- Kenny Chesney - "Life On A Rock"
- Kenny Chesney - "The Big Revival"
- Garth Brooks - "Man Against Machine"
- Beck - "Song Reader"
- The Robertsons (Duck Dynasty) - "Duck the Halls: A Robertson Family Christmas"
- Rhonda Vincent - "Only Me"
- Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out - "Bluegrassed"
- The Big E - "A Salute To Steel Guitarist Buddy Emmons"
- Neal McCoy - "Pride"
- Blake Shelton - "Red River Blue"
- Dan Baird - "Circus Life"
- Skinny Molly - "Haywire Riot"
- Skinny Molly - "Here For A Good Time"
- Engelbert Humperdinck - "Engelbert Calling"
- Lee Roy Parnell
- Todd Snider
- Chris Stapleton
- Tracy Lawrence
- Billy Dean
- Allison Krauss
- Here Come The Mummies
- Rodney Carrington
- Ray Price
- Leigh Nash
- Luke Bryan
- Josh Turner
- Carrie Underwood
- Jason Isbell
- Pro Tools 10 & 11
- Slate Digital