Theatrical, emotions driven, story-telling production
After 6 years collaborating with fellow artists and writing & producing for their own pop-rock group, I have found a calling in helping other artists develop their ideas. Working from my 2-room home studio in Austin, TX, I use a variety of instruments and skills to write and record music that is immersive and alive.
I can provide high quality original compositions with the following available:
- Piano (digital or acoustic upright)
- Guitar (electric, acoustic, and bass)
- Drums (acoustic and drum machine)
- Vocals (I specialize harmony stacking)
- Synth (I use Arturia's V Collection of vintage and contemporary synths)
Things I can do for you:
- Polish/refine your song idea/demo to be as powerful/impactful as it deserves to be
- Write top line and instrumental melodies
- Clean up and produce vocal tracks (tuning with Melodyne, effects with Vocalsynth 2 & Little AlterBoy)
- Turn your idea into something that would sound slammin in a Spotify-curated playlist. I use Logic Pro X, an Apollo Twin X, and industry standard UAD plug-ins, u audio nerds know what's up :)
I also have plenty of references if your project needs instruments or something I can't provide, so there is nothing stopping us from seeing the vision through!
Contact me and show me your idea!
Send me a note through the contact button above.
ReviewsEndorse JC Barrett
Interview with JC Barrett
Q: How would you describe your style?
A: First I imagine a scene, kind of like a movie scene but more like I'm reading a book and am seeing the story play out in my mind's eye. I describe the scene with poetry and score it with music. Also sometimes I just screw around and see what happens, depends on the vibe!
Q: Can you share one music production tip?
A: Record everything!!!
Q: What other musicians or music production professionals inspire you?
A: Mike Crossey is a Producer and Mixing Engineer who has consistently pumped out the most bangin tunes. Jack Antonoff is also someone I definitely look up to a lot.