Hi, I’m Sam Sterk. I’m an audio engineer based out of Carlsbad, CA with over 10 years of experience.
I love working with people that are passionate about their music. As a musician myself, I know firsthand the effort that it takes to write and record music. After the recording process is done, you need someone knowledgable and dependable to mix your music and take it to the next level, and I'd love to help. I’ve combined the techniques I’ve learned from some of the best in the industry (Nashville-trained) as well as my own experiences. I mix for all types of music including rock, rap/hip hop, and country, using high quality equipment and plugins.
It's always been a dream of mine to record and mix music. After being born and raised on Zeppelin, the Beatles, and REM in middle school, I've always been curious of how that music was made. That curiosity led me to recording Bowie covers in my bedroom with crappy computer microphones, recording my own bands, and then pursuing it college. I attended Middle Tennessee State University and learned from some of the best in the industry.
Please feel free to contact me about any questions that you have. I work with people from all over and I'd love to work with you.
Send me an email through 'Contact' button above and I'll get back to you asap.
My credits include
- book club
- victor furious and the murder of men
- Jefferson State
- sunsets and hearts
- Jeffrey Joslin
- Rushford Mile
- Samuel Justice
- Township – 2015 Split – (Township side) – r
- p Weathered – Lost in Translation – r
- p Nonpronto – Unready – mx Township – Everlong (Foo Fighters Cover) – r
- mx Samuel Justice – Various Singles – p
- ms Rushford Mile – Gettin’ Gone – r
- mx Gen Pop – Waiting for Disaster – p
- mx The Riverside Regulars – EP – r
- ms Book Club – Fighting
- We Were – r
- mx Book Club – Wash Away EP – r
- mx Jefferson State – As You Keep Hold – r
- mx Jefferson State – Tried and Failed – r
- mx Sunsets and Hearts – Varient EP – ms Sunsets and Hearts – Altered Faze – mx
- ms Jeffrey Joslin – For Real This Time – r
- mx Borders on Clark – Nine Times The Hero – r
- ms Victor Furious and the Murder of Men – Blimp EP – r
- ms 2h2h – Titletown – r
- ms 2h2h – White Lightning – r
- ms 2h2h – NFC North Trash Talkin’ – r
- Nonpronto - Unready
- Samuel Justice - Various Singles
- Gen Pop - Waiting for Disaster
- The Riverside Regulars - EP
- Rushford Mile - Gettin' Gone
- Weathered - Lost in Translation
- Book Club - Fighting We Were
- sunsets and hearts - altered face
- sunsets and hearts - altered faze
- Book Club - Wash Away EP
- API A2D
- Dangerous Source
- Focal CMS-5
- Audient ASP880
- Warm Audio WA76
- Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56
- lots of plugins
- lots of mics
Terms of Service
Each project is different, so please feel free to drop me a note and we can talk about it.
Reviews of Sam Sterk Audio
Sam is awesome. Great ears, great gear, great attitude. Very prompt and professional. His mixes brought our tracks together and helped bring our record to life. He was fun to work with and very sensitive to our specific needs and concerns for the project. Sterk is a badass. Give him a call.
We were referred to Sterk by another great engineer who didn't have time to commit to our project, and we were thoroughly pleased with the mixing experience that he provided. He was very prompt in the delivery of each iteration of our mixes, and even let us come into his studio to attend the first session. The guy knows his stuff!
Sam is a person you want working on your project. A talented musician and audio engineer with a great ear for quality, he will elevate your music to the next level. In addition, Sam is very easy to work with - prompt, passionate, knowledgeable, professional, hardworking, and thorough. Utilize the expertise that he offers.