Professional Songwriter for Sony Music Publishing, Ninja Tune, and EMI PM. Songs featured in Kevin Hart's "Zero F***s Given" on Netflix, Hulu's " Little Fires Everywhere," All American, The Rookie on ABC, Step Up: High Water, Vinyl Destination w/ DJ Jazzy Jeff, FOX Sports, UFC, and many more.
- Industry Standard Vocals for demo purposes and commercial releases.
- Topline Lyric Writing (specializing in Hip-Hop/Rap)
- Cowriting and Lyric Editing (if you already have lyrics but want to fine tune them)
- Theme Songs for Small Business, Podcast, YouTube/Twitch Channel, etc.
- Radio Drops/Vocal Tags
- Songwriting for Sync/TV (please specify upfront if this is what you're working on)
- Studio Sessions in the Atlanta area can be arranged (contact for pricing).
Terms of Service:
- Contact me with your project ideas. Please be as detailed and concise as possible so that I can clearly understand exactly what you're looking for and deliver to your liking.
- Send me the instrumental. I will write & record a demo, then send a rough mix for you to review.
- Delivery within 5-7 business days, if not sooner.
- 1 FREE Revision. (Additional Revisions: $25)
- Once final revisions are accepted, I will deliver final demo mix along with raw/unprocessed vocals.
- Guest Features: I must be a credited feature as "J Nolan." This does not apply to Topline Writing or Songwriting, only Features.
Send me a note through the contact button above.
1 Reviews - 1 Repeat ClientEndorse J Nolan
Interview with J Nolan
Q: What's the biggest misconception about what you do?
A: That it's easy or that songwriters are interchangeable. We all have unique skill sets.
Q: What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
A: Be DETAILED about what it is you need. I'd rather have too much information than not enough.
Q: What was your career path? How long have you been doing this?
A: I've been doing music about 15 years. I started in high school. The first 10 years, I had no idea what I was doing or where I was going. Just recently started finding my groove and getting very involved with the business of music to build my own company.
Q: What type of music do you usually work on?
Q: What do you bring to a song?
A: Passion, detailed lyrics, heartfelt storytelling.
Q: What's your typical work process?
A: I like to be one with the music, so I play the beat 2 or 3 times just to play with patterns or melodies that feel good. From there, I'll begin building lyrics. Sometimes I'll start recording as I write the song.
Q: Tell us about your studio setup.
A: Sony VAIO, Audio Technica 2020+, Adobe Audition
Q: What other musicians or music production professionals inspire you?
A: Ryan Leslie, Mickey Shiloh, Breana Marin - business minded musicians that have turned their talents into self sustained careers.
Q: Describe the most common type of work you do for your clients.
A: Songwriting, toplining, and guest features.