My name is Dorette and I am an active electric cello soloist, a member of the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra and regularly perform in chamber music concerts and shows. I am passionate about my music and excited to bring your ideas to life!
CELLO: PROFESSIONAL | CREATIVE | FAST
The recording service includes beautiful cello tracks for your song or recording project (up to 3 minutes) – according to sheet music, reference track or adding my own improvisation.
I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in cello performance from Oberlin Conservatory in the USA and a master’s degree in music from Stellenbosch University in Cape Town and Mozarteum University in Salzburg, Austria.
• 15 years of professional performance experience
• member of the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra
• recording cellist for multiple local and international films
• session musician for various projects and concerts
• active electric cello soloist
• reliable, flexible and focused on quality
My recordings are perfect for:
• singer/songwriter tracks
• classical works
• pop tracks or improvisation
• film scores
• electronic producers
• commercials with quick turnaround
• Acoustic Cello - French Cello: Charles Caplet
• Electric Cello - Yamaha SVC 210 Professional Top Quality
I am passionate about my music and excited to create and collaborate with artists in different styles - from strict classical music, contemporary works, film scores, pop music, electronic, ambient, and more.
I look forward to working together and bringing your ideas to life!
Send me a note through the contact button above.
1 ReviewsEndorse Dorette Roos
Dorette has an impressive resume, from her academic training,seating within the CPO, to the list of projects who’s vision has come into being via her thoughtful interpretations. Her integrity as an artist is evident and she’s one of the most passionate cellists I’ve come across. She continues to venture into new paths by which to voice the cello, to rejuvenate both the instrument, and to reimagine beloved repertoire, and creatively express the cellos capabilities in strikingly novel ways; equally comfortable as an improv artist(contemporary/pop) as she is with the sacrosanct testament of Bach