Chinmay Datar

Singer-Songwriter, Producer

starstarstarstarstar
1 Review
Chinmay Datar on SoundBetter

You might notice I've not worked with the big guns yet, but I know I have the the ability and skill to help you write something that is catchy and makes you feel good. I focus on the feeling of the song and what somebody might want to convey through it. My prices are also reasonable I hope, so let's get started! I promise I won't let you down.

Hi! My name is Chinmay and I'm a singer-songwriter/music producer from Pune, India. I've been writing and producing my own music for a while now. I think I have a great sense of sound and feeling and love throwing emotion into the music I make. I think the melody of a song is the soul of the song and put in a lot of time and effort to get a good sounding melody.
I love the process of collaborating with other fellow musicians which certainly brings a lot to the table.
My workflow is straight-forward, thorough, and always inspired.
I'm not very good at writing descriptions about myself but I'm very good at writing music and trust me I won't let you down. :)
I'm a very flexible person to work with and would absolutely love and want your involvement as we create our music. I'm a sucker for perfection so you won't get a track back unless it's 200% perfect :)
I'm a trained professional tabla player (Indian drums) and have been arranging and playing percussion for a long time, and I've played for a couple of movies and albums.

Click 'Contact Chinmay Datar' above to get in touch. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Would love to hear from you. Click the contact button above to get in touch.

1 Reviews

Endorse Chinmay Datar
  1. Review by Raoul Schuhmacher
    starstarstarstarstar
    by

    I have worked with Chinmay on a song of mine where he provided the lead vocals. It was a fun project to work on, an easy and professional collaboration, and I am very happy with the result. Chinmay’s singing has made all the difference and had brought the song alive. His first take was perfect and needed no changes, so he was able to get into the vibe and emotion right away.

Interview with Chinmay Datar

  1. Q: What are you working on at the moment?

  2. A: I'm currently working on 2 songs of my own album and producing a cover version of 70s Bollywood track by the great music director RD Burman

  3. Q: What's your 'promise' to your clients?

  4. A: I will do everything I can do to make your song sound the way you envisioned it when you started came up with the idea of it.

  5. Q: What do you like most about your job?

  6. A: That it's not a job :) Music is my life and I'm literally living it which is the best part about it!

  7. Q: Which artist would you like to work with and why?

  8. A: I would love to work with Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars.

  9. Q: Can you share one music production tip?

  10. A: Decode the melody of the song.

  11. Q: What type of music do you usually work on?

  12. A: I love working with all kinds of genres, but Indie/pop is home for me.

  13. Q: What do you bring to a song?

  14. A: I think I can bring emotion and melody to the song. I firmly believe that the melody is the heart of a song and the production/lyrics as important as they are come after the melody and emotion of the song.

  15. Q: What's your typical work process?

  16. A: For writing a song, I'd talk with the artist for a couple hours and just brainstorm with them, see what they wanna say in the song and how we should approach it. Then I'd start producing it with inputs from the client and submit a rough mix ahead of a deadline. The dialogue is always open.

  17. Q: Tell us about your studio setup.

  18. A: I work out of my bedroom converted studio and use Logic for songwriting. It's a very warm comfortable environment and is perfect for tracking, production and mixing.

  19. Q: What other musicians or music production professionals inspire you?

  20. A: Bruno Mars' ability to write funky pop songs as well as slow moving soulful ballads at the same time is something that inspires me and would love to do someday

  21. Q: Describe the most common type of work you do for your clients.

  22. A: Songwriting, Production and Singing

loading
play_arrowpause
skip_previous
skip_next
Chinmay Datar, So Glad

I was the Songwriter, Production and Mixing Engineer in this production

Terms Of Service

Each project is different and may require more or less time. 1 free revision (Each additional revision costs $50) Payment: 75% nonrefundable deposit, remaining 25% on delivery.

GenresSounds Like
  • Ed Sheeran
  • The Script
  • Adele
Gear Highlights
  • Logic Pro X
  • Waves
  • Slate Digital
  • FabFilter
  • Behringer C-3
  • SM57s
  • Roland Handsonic
  • Keystation 61
More Photos
More Samples
SoundBetter Deal

50% off if you can pass on the word!