I'm an electrical engineer with analog and digital signal processing background. I love listening to, writing, recording and producing hard rock/metal songs.
I specialize in tracking, mixing and mastering. I like to use a mix of micing instruments and digital modeling to achieve and end product. The typicall workflow goes like this:
1) A reference sound is selected (a song you want your mixed track to resemble).
2) Mic all instruments and track naturally while also recording a direct signal from all strings and midi triggers from drum hits.
3) Begin mixing what was tracked. If guitars are thin, or don't fit in a mix, they can be layered with or replaced by amp simulations from the DI signal. Same applies for drums.
4) Once everything is properly mixed, mastering takes place. Light multiband compression, dynamic equalization, saturation and limiting.
5) Export at desired resolution
Send me an email through 'Contact' button above and I'll get back to you asap.