Analog or digital and why?
Both. Because why not.
What's your 'promise' to your clients?
I promise to do everything in my power to go beyond your expectations.
What do you like most about your job?
I can continue pushing myself creatively.
What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
1. Listen to the demos and make sure you like what you hear.
2. It also never hurts to like who they are as a person. The more you get along the better the whole process becomes.
How would you describe your style?
Mix of classic rock and electronica.
Can you share one music production tip?
Make sure you have good recordings/levels and all instruments sound good before you start the mixing process.
What type of music do you usually work on?
A variety. I like to keep myself and my mind open.
What's your strongest skill?
What do you bring to a song?
What's your typical work process?
1. Determine the energy and feelings within the song. (Most important)
2. Group like instruments together
3. Light eq'ing to give each instrument their space
4. So as to not bore you i will group the next steps: more eq'ing, light compression, multi-post effects, finish with automation to give the song flow and momentum.
5. Go back to step 1 to make sure the energy feels right.
Describe the most common type of work you do for your clients.