I believe in an open and transparent team process of the mixing phase of music - with all the new bells and whistles plus some old tricks. Don't settle for a transactional mixing service. Let's collaborate to pull on the strings of the unique character from your music and give it life.
I pride my company on an immersive, truly collaborative mixing phase of music with innovative and unique processing. A quick breakdown of the mixing process would go something like this:
- Establishing a strong understanding of the desired end vibe (Skype calls, lots of reference tracks)
- depending on the quality of the recordings, cleaning up stems. This includes adjusting timing/live performance errors with the goal of not sacrificing any energy, removing unwanted noise/crackling/room tone, etc and if you desire, re-tracking parts with our collection of boutique and legendary gear.
- two to three mixed first versions of each song. This is where my team and I experiment are working on pulling the best character and unique vibes from your music - ranging from absolutely subtle magic energy to wild, immersive experiences depending on YOUR wishes and desires.
- after receiving feedback from you on the version one mixes, deciding which path to continue down to make a second version.
- after one more round of feedback, mixing a final version.
Mastering: Thankfully, loudness normalization across many streaming sites has brought us a way we can enjoy dynamic music again. You will get with two masters: one optimized for uploading to streaming sites that is dynamic and one that is window-shattering loud, both as smooth, dynamic, transparent and punchy as we can get them.
Click the 'Contact' above to get in touch. Looking forward to hearing from you.
3 ReviewsEndorse Gabe Sweeney / Renga Studios
Had an amazing time working with Gabe. He has a sharp ear and an earnest communication style which he applies with total attention to the projects presented to him. Very happy with the results of our collaboration. I felt like working with him on the tracks was an educational experience in itself due to his impressive knowledge of his craft.
Intricacy and finesse!
I was lucky to have Gabe mix and master my band's first EP -- it sounds rich and big!
Excellent delivery. Definitely working with him again.
Gabe did an excellent job mixing my 2018 EP. He has an ear for picking out musician's strengths and leveraging them to make the best possible mix. He listened to my feedback and adjusted the mix multiple times. He really nerds out and puts his heart into it. I will be calling him for my next recording project.