I am VORANAH, a Chicago-based musician and this is my private studio in Seoul. Having 20 years of experience in music, I have been working with well-known artists, most favourable directors, world-class studios, and leading companies. I work with passionate, purposeful individuals and groups every day. Welcome to Shyness Studios.
A brief biography of VORANAH
- Born in Seoul & classically trained from 2002
- Grew up in California & earned a B.A. in music in Chicago
- Have been working in the music industry & founded Shyness Studios
- Now working in K-pop, Netflix, film and TV industry
My specialty is music production & audio engineering.
Also, my studio has a team of singer-songwriters that I have been working with a long time. They are all specialised and popular artists in the industry.
- Three male and two female singer-songwriters
- Singing and writing in both English and Korean
My studio is capable of
- Music production｜up to $1,000
- Mastering｜$30 for stereo, $80 for stem up to 8
- Acoustic & electric guitar production｜$150 each
- Recording｜$250 per day, in person
- Songwriting + vocal production in English & Korean｜$1,000 each
- Translating lyrics between English & Korean｜$30 for simple translation, $100 for complete transition
- Demo vocal production｜$150
Check out the interview about my work process, manifesto, studio setup, and myself.
Contact Shyness Studios. I am looking forward to your message!
Click the 'Contact' above to get in touch. Looking forward to hearing from you.
- Soundtracks - Crash Landing on You (Netflix)
- Soundtracks - VAGABOND (Netflix)
- Soundtracks - HE IS PSYCHOMETRIC (Netflix)
- Mastering for Film - Roof-top Star (Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival winner; London Korean Film Festival; Jeju Film Festival; Blue Dragon Film Awards nominee)
- Mastering for Documentaries - PIXY TV
- Mastering for YouTube - PIXY Videos
- Production & Engineering - Stranger Things x CASETiFY
- Production & Engineering - CASETiFY Cube @ CASETiFY STUDiO
- Production & Engineering - “NUNU NANA” & "I got lucky" (Covers) by LEOJ MAKEUP
- Production & Engineering - Anymore (EP) by Cote & Shallyn
- Production & Engineering - Guess Really Good (EP) by Party in My Pool
- Production & Engineering - Like Me (Single) by VitA
- Recording - Oh Santa (fest. Haroo & Lee Michelle) (Single) by Cote
- Recording - ANNYEONG (Single) by Việt Athen
- Recording - Umbrella (Single) by Beagles
- Recording - Always (EP) by LAST
- Mastering for Documentaries - PARKJUNGMIN 박서윗 부캐선발대회
- Production & Engineering - 30 Seconds to Promotion Trailer
- Production & Engineering - Bruce Lee x CASETiFY
- Production & Engineering - CASETiFY Happy Holidays!
- Production & Engineering - Disney x CASETiFY
- Recording - City Lights (Single) by Gowoon
- Production & Engineering - NBA x CASETiFY
- Recording - Weird (Single) by Gowoon
- Production & Engineering - Line Friends x CASETiFY
9 ReviewsEndorse Shyness Studios
He's a good producer. I trust him. He has flexible mindset and knows how to co-work. Recommend you guys
I'm an L.A. based producer, artist, and composer. I have collaborated with VORANAH on a couple of different gigs. His knowledge and professionalism in music production have always been inspiring and motivating me. I had the chance to visit his studio while I was in Seoul last year. From gear selections to acoustic treatment, and to the overall vibe, I was amazed, but not surprised by how detail-oriented it was. VORANAH just finished mastering the audio for a short film I was composing / sound designing for, and the outcome was perfect as always. I trust him with my crafts, and so should you.
I am a Chicago based audio engineer and I know and have worked with VORANAH on tracking sessions in the past. VORANAH is a great musician, engineer, and producer. He takes such pride in his work and projects with other people. He has great knowledge of many instruments and musical genres. The studio that he works in is top of the line and set up for any tracking situation. I could not recommend anyone else for the job other than VORANAH.
Literally one of a bright person,His name Voranah(Shyness studio)
if u want high quality sound contact him !
I am a Seoul-based film director. From working together on the K-pop documentaries I directed this year, VORANAH & I have teamed up on more than 10 pieces of work just in few months. It was how gratifying he handles the business, which has always helped me to pinpoint what I am looking for and smoothly take care of it. Not only was his production fitting into the project design but also the icing on the cake was his sleek mastering skills. I already decided to keep the business with him for every project that requires audio and music. I firmly trust him.
I am a professional session guitarist in the K-pop industry. We collaborated several times, and working with VORANAH has always been my pleasure. His streamlined workflow and cozy studio bring an outstanding outcome. Recommended!
He takes pride in his work.
And his pride makes everything perfect.
While we were working together, he kindly responded to all my requests.
He raised the my song to another level.
I am an artist and engineer in Seoul, Korea. I met with Voranah, who had already done a lot of work to mix my songs, and through smooth communication he found the direction I wanted and led the work to a good result. Furthermore, the synth studio is creating a really good room-acoustic environment, so it has excellent monitoring of accurate sounds and unnecessary sounds. It's the best place to do sophisticated work. I will continue to work with him and I recommend you to meet him
I’m a composer and songwriter in LA, and VORANAH produced one of my songs for well-known K-Drama. The sound quality came out the best and communicating with him was so smooth. I sincerely recommend working with VORANAH if you need any audio/sound/music related works. Working through VORANAH always worth the money and the result will be always better than what you can expect.
Interview with Shyness Studios
Q: What do you bring to a song?
A: Although I provide services, I am still a musician. I bring my personal touch to each project. That is what makes me VORANAH and my place the Shyness Studios.
Q: What's your typical work process?
A: Whether it is a production, songwriting, or engineering, I do as much communication as possible with clients to narrow down the options and meet their requirement. When clients ask me questions, I answer back all those questions with explanations as soon as possible. Vice versa, when I ask them questions, I expect answers in time as well. Once there is enough communication between clients and me, both sides will be happy with the result.
Q: What are you working on at the moment?
A: I am working on my own album at the moment. A VORANAH album, written in Chicago and finished in Shyness Studios. After all, I am a musician.
Q: How would you describe your style?
A: Punctual, but adjustable. Handcrafted, with precision. Universal, but unique. Stylistic, and functional.
Q: Tell us about your studio setup.
A: Every facility is acoustically optimised from the construction stage and later further calibrated based on the environment. The entire facility is Dante-equipped, and is silent due to controlled HVAC and Philips Hue lighting. The Booth is for solo tracking, and the Studio V is for solo, group, or amp tracking. The Control Room is for everything else where I spend most of the time. Still, I invest in new equipments and software regularly. Studio setup simply does not end.
Q: What's your 'promise' to your clients?
Q: What other musicians or music production professionals inspire you?
A: For studio, the Synchron Stage Vienna mostly inspired me. When I had a recording gig there, I learned so many things and that experience became the foundation of building the Shyness Studios. For musicians, I would say every professional musicians inspire me. I mean it.